Thursday, September 12, 2013

How Time Flies

Hello Everyone!
Boy, how time has flown by.  I'can't believe summer as come and gone. 
Don't know if you've noticed, but I've been away from Blog Land for a while. I took a little break from blogging because I wanted to spent as much time this summer with our daughter, who is our only child, before she started college. I know that things will be different now that she is a college and working girl... different schedule, heavier work load, longer hours away from home. I just wanted to hold on to my little girl, (Who, did I mention already, was our only child?) just a bit longer...I've been such a wimp about all this starting college, starting a new job and growing up way too fast situation......AND SHE ISN'T EVEN LEAVING HOME FOR COLLEGE. She decided to stay local...THANK GOD!  I know there comes a time in a parent's life when we just have to let go...But it's soooo hard especially with an only child :-)
First day of work...She's all grown up...My baby girl is all grown up.
.
It's going to take some time to get use to this new routine...But I'm so excited for her and for all her new endeavors and I'm excited to start blogging again too...I've missed you all bunches. Hope you are doing well, my sweet blogging friends.

Wishing you a beautiful Autumn day!




Hugs and Kisses,

13 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Ana,
I know exactly what you are going through, dear. It's hard on us moms when they start their new lives with college and jobs. My girls went to school locally too but eventually moved out. It was such an emotional time. Have fun with your daughter while she's still at home. She looks so cute in this picture. Welcome back, my friend. I missed you.

Love,
~Sheri

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

What a beautiful daughter you have, Ana! Lovely vignettes too!! Welcome back!

xo

poppilinnstudios said...

Welcome back, Ana. I know exactly what you mean-my daughter left for college a few weeks ago. She's a few hours away and that makes it hard-I just can't hop in the car and see her! Although she sends me texts and calls and we'll skype. They're growing up! My son is home and going to school, but will transfer away next year. Very emotional!
Good luck to your lovely daughter-we have to remember what an exciting time it is for them now :)
-Lynn

Art and Sand said...

I was so excited to see a post from you - you have been missed.

The baby going to college is a big transition, but you will survive.

I love the little vignette with the wooden shoe inserts - or whatever they are called.

Blessed Serendipity said...

What a special time in your beautiful daughter's life. She is growing up. Missed you while you were gone. Welcome back!

XO Danielle

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh I just want to cry right along with you. She is so beautiful. You have given her roots and wings.
xo rachel

Jacque said...

Great to see you back, Ana! Your "baby" is beautiful! I know it is difficult to let them grow up...

Cindy said...

Hello dearest Ana, I know how hard it is to let go of your child. How wonderful that she is staying home and going to a local college. I'm sure you and your husband did a great job raising her to love God and live life in a righteous, Godly manner. You were smart to let go of blogging for a while, there really are more important things in life, aren't there!
Love and hugs to you my sweet friend, Cindy

Teresa said...

So glad she's staying around.

But I understand the "pang" you're feeling.

Even when they stay closeby - mine oldest also did - there's a change.
For better, of course.

We didn't raise fools, but now it's time to adjust to see our babies grow and become our best friends.

And we need (want! ;)) our best friends close by.

She's so lovely. What a charming young lady you have. She looks so much like you - not saying Mr. Sci-Fi Handsome isn't a beauty mind you - as if a friend of mine would marry chopped liver ;) - but it's so touching to see you in her.

Praying for blessings and success in her new life. Though a Woman with THAT gorgeous Bag is on the right path ;).

You were also puttering around home, right?! More on those lovely vignettes please... such Whimsy!!!

Missed you so much. We're all your babies too so don't take long to return to us :love:

Teresa

~ Lisa ~ said...

Hello Ana, my children have all grown up and now I have grandchildren. I have checked on you from time to time. Glad you are back.

~ Lisa from Indiana ~

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Ana,

I've missed you!! I know how much this summer has meant to you. Family first. I need to write a post too but just havent been up to it. Collage is going to be so much fun and she will have so many stories to share.
Sending love and hugs, Elizabeth

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

first day of work?? aaaaaahhhhhhhh! I do not want to think about when will be the day for my daughter. I know, by dint of hugs, cuddles and the recommendations she will be late. how beautiful your princess. love of aunt a hug and good luck for your new experiences.

Ido said...

Hi Ana! I missed you! Your daughter is beautiful! I tell my boys every day not to grow up, but what can we do? just enjoy them every day as much as possible.

Sending you lots of love
XOXOXO Ido