Monday, October 21, 2013

Family Portrait

Hi Everyone!

You may recall that in my last post I mentioned a surprise I was going to work on for my hubby and daughter. Well, in between all the wedding preparation fun I was able to work on it and now I am ready to share it with you all...

First a little back story...
This is our family portrait. Our one and only "professional studio" family portrait.  As you can see it is not a recent one. Our sweet little baby girl was only 4 years old. It has been almost 15 years! Wow, how time flies.  Anyway, I have been begging for a new, updated one but for one reason or another it just hasn't happened. Sooooo, I thought I would take matters into my own little hands..... 
VoilĂ ! With a blank canvas, some black and white paint and a shadowing technique I have only implemetned once before here
Our brand new and updated family portrait!
I love it...especially since with this technique many of the lovely signs of ageing are not as noticeable as in a photograph, hee,hee, hee. Need-less to say my family was pleasantly surprised and they loved it too. What do you think?

A very happy Monday to everyone.
May this new week be filled with love, joy and lots of creativity!


Hugs and Kisses,

13 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love this! I think this looks just amazing--I can't believe you did this yourself! What a treasure :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love the modern twist on your family portrait and it looks wonderful on your mantel, Ana! Well done!

A Romantic Porch said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am truly in awe! You are amazing. You did this yourself? That is so beautiful.
xo rachel

Elizabeth and Gary said...

I love it!!!! Ana you always amaze me! I bet the family was so thrilled. (we are moving) I will write you later.

Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Lady Pamela said...

Truly amazing. I don't know how you do it.
*Smiles*

Jacqui said...

Love, love, love it!! How clever of you.
xx

Gina said...

I love it, Ana! Wow, you always amaze me!

Cindy said...

Oh Ana, once again you have outdone yourself! It is absolutely gorgeous!!! Your family must have been thrilled to see a beautiful picture that they did not have to sit for. I love it!!!
Love and hugs to you my friend. Cindy

Betsy said...

You are good! Love it!
betsy

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

O heaven! I can not believe! you're a girl in that picture! you're lovely! how pleasing your little princess! and that handsome man your husband! you are all wonderful! I also love that dress flowered you wear. And I renew the compliments for the beautiful portrait you did. I love you. Ally

poppilinnstudios said...

Wow! Your new portrait looks great. How did you do that. I like that it lessens the signs of aging too :)
-Lynn

Teresa said...

Your pictures - both! - speak of a love and unity that conquers the centuries.
You're Blessed for having them in your Heart. They're (even more) Blessed for having you in theirs as well as in their precious Home; which is an extent f all your Beauty and Fanciful Dreamy Nature.

And I won't say more because I'm envious of your courage and Blessed Gift ahahahahah. And mad because I didn't see this post when you posted it and "only" saw it today because decided to stop by to say "miss u" :).

Take Care (or eachother),
Teresa

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very, very cool! :) Tammy