Friday, November 1, 2013

Measuring up to its new purpose.

Hi Everyone!
Today I wanted to share with you a little thrift store treasure I found. 
It's a vintage hem marker and it was only $1.65, yay! Isn't it cool? But my intentions were never to buy it and use it for its intended purpose. I had something else in mind...  
I think it makes a pretty cool easel of sorts...
I can display all sorts of things...
Hmmm...I wonder what else I can do with it? The wheels in my head are turning...Can you hear them? Hee, hee, hee.


Thank you my sweet blogging friends for stopping by for a visit.
Wishing you all a wonderful first day of November and a wonderful weekend.


Hugs and Kisses,

13 comments:

augcott said...

Awesome find!
Why can't I find stuff like that???
:-D
I think making an easel out of it is genius!!!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I've seen those in antique stores before, but the way you've displayed it is very artistic! Did you make the card with the paper dress, too? Very pretty display, Ana.

Have a good weekend!

Art and Sand said...

I have never heard of a hem marker.

How fun and I love that your turned it into an easel.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Ana! It's been a while...but I do pop in and visit occasionally . I hate to date myself but when I was in the 7th grade back in mid 60s we used those hem markers for sewing class. In fact we used them until I graduated in 71. They are a nifty little gadget and yours is in good shape. Hope all is well with you.
Hugs, Patti

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I had totally forgot about those--now I want one too! Looks great!

Cindy said...

Oh I love the new vintage hem marker and I love the way that you are using it. That is a great idea.
It looks wonderful in the little vignette.
Love and hugs, cindy

~ Lisa ~ said...

I love the little bit of bling. You always find the cutest, neatest things. ♥

~ Lisa ~

Gina said...

You clever girl! What a wonderful idea to turn it into an easel!

Lady Pamela said...

Great find. Love your creative way to use it. You have the gift of décor.
*Smiles*

Betty W said...

That is so cute. What a wonderful idea you had for it.

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh I love that hem marker. You have found a fantastic use for it!
xo rachel

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

That is so cool! Love the way you repurposed it with a little bit of bling on the clothes pin.

~ Lisa ~ said...

Hello Ana,

I was thinking of you so I stopped by to visit your blog and wanted to send you holiday blessings.

I hope you are doing well.

~ Lisa from Indiana ~