Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Good Sign...

A while back, on his way home from work, my hubby picked up some cabinet doors (Well at least I think that's what they are.) that a neighbor was throwing out. He knows how much I love curbside treasures so he brought them home thinking I could do something with them.
After some time thinking about what to do with this very tall piece and with a little inspiration help from Pinterest, this is what I made....
,
This is our very petite porch...And it got a petite makeover.
I made a porch sign. My Pinterest inspiration was a sign that had the word JOY painted on it for Christmas time but since I wanted the board out on my porch year-round I thought painting the center with chalkboard paint would allow me the freedom to write something different for every season.
I already had the painting materials so the cost was $0.00. Pretty good for free, I would say :-)

So what do you think?


Hope you all are having a wonderful week.



Hugs and Kisses,

20 comments:

Ido said...

That is amazing Ana! Love that sign. Wishing you a wonderful day.
XOXOXO Ido

Alessandra said...

Amazing and great job!
Kisses
Alessandra

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So cute, perfect finishing touch for your pretty porch!

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

It's wonderful! Love the height of it and also that you used chalk board paint on it...makes it so holiday/occasion friendly. Great Job!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So sweet! Sweet that he brought it home and the chalkboard by the door! xoxo

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Ana,
Your sign is just lovely! You did such a beautiful job, and I love your porch.. It is so pretty!
blessings,
Penny

Cindy said...

What a great idea... and it's so cute! Right up my alley.

Cindy

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh my goodness--I love it! That looks so cute. Good job! :)

Teresa said...

WOW! Best Husband ever!!!!
Mine always rolls his eyes and grumbles while asking "what do you think you're going to do with THIS?!?!" ahahahaha
Turned out Lovely but then you really know how to turn everything into a sweet and lovely piece.
You have a penchant for rescuing... I'm sure that door is very grateful and standing proudly at your porch as if saying "here lives thoughtful and caring people"
I'd like to do a sign - with a football quote - for dear son's bedroom but I keep postponing the mess I'm sure I'll be doing ahahah
I need you closer. Global Warming could very well dry Atlantic and I'd walk my way - board under the arm - to you ;)
Thank you for sharing,
T

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Love it!!! curbside finds are the best!!!

xoxo

Art and Sand said...

What a cute idea!

Lady Pamela said...

Ana, It's beautiful. Just what my cottage needs. I will be on the lookout for tall thin doors.
*Hugs*

Shelia said...

Hi Ana! Oh, I just love it! You did a marvelous job on your sign and your petite porch is so sweet too. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Ana,
Oh my you have done it again! created the cutest sign ever! I love it. How fun and it looks great on your porch. (I want one too)hehehe.
Sending love and hugs, Elizabeth

A Romantic Porch said...

I absolutely LOVE that !! What a great idea too. AND the porch is beautiful!
Happy Mother's Day dear.
Love,Rachel

mary said...

very cool ana! hope you are well xo

~ Lisa ~ said...

From trash to treasure... that is what I think. Love it.

~ Lisa from Indiana ~

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

hi my sweet friend, your husband is truly a treasure (he) and you have golden hands. your porch is adorable

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That was a great idea, Ana! I love and pin all those porch signs I see, too, but I would also prefer something that could be used and changed up all year. Making it a chalkboard was a very good idea.

Jason Clark said...

For Lol and Funny Pictures online, download any picture any time just for laugh lols
www.lolsgag.com