Thursday, May 15, 2014

People let me tell you...

♫People let me tell you about my best friend
He's a cool, portable AC who'll love me to the end
People let me tell you about my best friend  
He's, oh boy, a cooling toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy
People let me tell you now he's so handy
Whether it's 93 degrees or whether it's 102 degrees
 Cause he's my best friend now♫
 photo PortableACunitsm.jpg
It's soooo Hot that I think it's making a little crazy...And I think this post is proof of it. Hee, hee, hee. It's expected to get up to 102 degrees today so I think I'll be spending some quality time with my "best friend."


By the way, do you remember this song from a show called "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" that played during the late 60's early 70's? Oh no, I think I just dated myself...Hee, hee, hee. Of course these weren't the same words...I changed them up a little to apply to my best friend :-)



Stay cool everyone!

Hugs and Kisses,

12 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That's an interesting unit for a small space. It's hot here too, but it's almost always hot this time of year. Stay cool.

Alessandra said...

In Italy it's spring now. I hate hot...stay cool!
Kisses
Alessandra

Art and Sand said...

Remember the show and am feeling the heat just like you. Since when is it over 100 degrees on the beach?

Terra said...

Oh a portable AC, we are thinking about getting one. Does it need venting / a hose to the outside? Through a window? Sounds so cooling.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Ana,
I know the fire's are really hitting hard with all the smog and heat.
My niece was evacuated twice this week from the Marine Base.
Keep inside and I would be right in front of my AC too.
Sending hugs, Elizabeth

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Ana,

Autumn is here, where I live and it is starting to cool down - wish I could send over a nice breeze for you.
Stay cool dear friend and you must be grateful for the AC.
Hugs and enjoy your Sunday
Carolyn

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

yes. I was singing right along. Wish I could say I was too young to remember, but not the case. The portable a/c is interesting. In the olden days (way before my time honest)they put wet towels over fans by a window and blew the fan into the room. Thank God we are now civilized! hehe

Teresa said...

Not so hot right here - we're around 86 - but already too hot for my taste.

AC will be my best friend soon too. I dread Summer dear friend as I notice that it is worse in my medical undiagnosed issues.

I had one of those portables but it made so much noise that you ended giving up and went for central... but you know what it seems those portable distribute the coolness better.

Enjoy and keep cool.
Love,
T

Ido said...

Wow! It sure was hot there for a few days, we've been planning a trip to CA for this weekend and I've been checking the weather every day, I did notice the 102 degrees a few days ago. We've been in the 70's and raining, I wish there was more sun, my garden needs it. By the way, we cancelled the trip and we'll stay here in the rain :)
Enjoy those 70's as that's how it looks for the rest of the week and have a wonderful day!!!
XOXOX Ido

~ Lisa ~ said...

I could use this little friend of your because of my HOT FLASHES!!!! 0_0

~Lisa from Indiana~

A Romantic Porch said...

Well now...I have never seen an air conditioner like that. I'm sure it's a handy little gadget! Stay cool!
Love,Rachel

Kristin_Texas said...

That's exactly what we've decided to get for our crafting shed/barn.(Well, whenever we DO get our crafting building that is).

Kristin