Wednesday, June 25, 2014

2 painting projects and a rare glimpse.

Hi Everyone!

Today I wanted to share with you the two painting projects my daughter and I, with the help of her boyfriend, Zac  have been working on. And since both projects were for her bedroom I thought a petite tour would be a great way to show you the projects.  

Just a little side note...My daughter has always been very private when it comes to her bedroom and has never allowed me to blog about it...until now. For some unknown reason, (not going to question it, just going to go with it, in case she changes her mind...Hee, Hee, Hee) she has allowed me this time...So without further ado here is a very rare glimpse into this part of our petite cottage...


Our daughter has always had a very eclectic style and it reflects in every corner of her room...Even hanging from her door. Just like her momma, she loves a good thrift store find. The "Vacation will soon be here" count down sign and the embroidery hoop art were both thrift store treasure finds. She also happens to love nature very much and parts of it always seem to find their way into our home..e.g., the stick.
She had her choice of a bigger bedroom or this smaller one. Her reason for picking the smaller one was that there was less room to get messy and less room to clean up...Did I mention she is a very smart young lady? :-)

The long framed print you see when you first walk into her room was a gift from her grandmother from her dad's side. It's a vintage "Big Eyed" girl by Margaret Keane. My mom-in-law acquired it at an auction for a few dollars many, many years ago.  My daughter has always loved it because she says it will always remind her of her Nana Lola.
And just around the corner you'll find painting project #1. It's a very old dresser that once belong to my oldest sister and I when we were very little girls. It made me very happy that my daughter wanted it for her room when my parents were finally ready to give it up. It was originally white but my daughter decided to give it brand new life with this beautiful aqua color. The hanging mirror and vanity mirrored tray were also thrift store finds.
Below is painting project #2. The headboard.
Can you believe it was once the back of a garden bench? It too got a fresh coat of paint and a brand new life as a headboard. I love to re-purpose things. The little birdie pillow is one of my creations. The white cut out lace and leopard print pillow shams were also thrift store finds. The beautiful and colorful paisley quilt is from Target.
The dandelion photograph you can see in the next picture is one of her own pieces. She is quite an accomplished photographer.
Paper lanterns: Thrift store find. Tissue pom poms: Made by me.
She loves knick knacks, books and makeup and it's all neatly organized on her book shelf from Ikea. 

The piano painting you see in the next picture was painted especially for our daughter by her other grandmother, my mom. Have I ever mentioned that my daughter plays the piano? Oh, and the cute whale mobile was a gift from her boyfriend, Zac...such a sweet guy.

So there you have it... two painting projects and a very rare glimpse into our daughter's very eclectic and very her bedroom. Hope you enjoyed our petite tour.


Thank you Sweetie for letting me share :-)

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.



Hugs and Kisses,

15 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I can see your daughter inherits your artistic talent, Ana! Her photography is wonderful! It's so nice that she has pieces handed down through your family mixed with handcrafted items and vintage finds, too. Thank you for the tour of her lovely eclectic bedroom!

Leslie said...

Oh gosh.. I just love it!!!! Simple and beautiful, I'm so glad that she finally let us see! : )

Terra said...

This room is beautiful and reflects your daughter and her artistic taste. Now I want to do something pretty in my home too.

Mari said...

I love how pretty her room turned out, and that bench turned headboard is fabulous ;-)
Love the sweet birdie pillow you made ;-)

Smiles~
Mari

Teresa said...

Wow! Need to run - leaving Office - and I really need to look closer, and more in detail...
Just wanted to tell you how nice is to witness the perfect blend of her Mother's Whimsy and Dad's Scientific Skills and vision in Briana. That bedroom is a world in itself. The way she hangs to what she was and she dreams to what she wants to achieve. Lovely Soul our Briana!
Besides that she's too young to have a boyfriend. Our babies aren't supposed to date ;)... well, since the damage is done :D at least she picked an artistic guy. Congratulations are in order all around for her taste. Go Briana!!!

Shirley said...

I am catching up with friends before I leave for the nursing home to see hubby. I love your daughter's bedroom. The way that she has it decorated and the colors that she chose to redo her bed and dresser. I really like the headboard of her bed. It is different from the customary, but it gives it an awesome look. Have a wonderful weekend. Take care Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

Your Daughters room is so pretty and I love the lights on her bed. Yes, I see where she gets her crafting talents from, her Mother.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

Your Daughters room is so pretty and I love the lights on her bed. Yes, I see where she gets her crafting talents from, her Mother.

La Petite Gallery said...

Ana, Tell her to hang on to the Keane picture, I have always love those huge eye girls. Darling room and so neat and clean.
Did you know you look a little like Anita at Castles, crowns and cottages.

Alessandra said...

Your daughter's room is so lovely. I adore her style...the pillow you made is such beautiful
Kisses
Alessandra

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Ana,

I can see your daughter takes after her Mother and is very talented.
Love her room and was great that she let is have a look.
Hope you are having a lovely week
hugs
Carolyn

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Isn't it so fun when your daughter starts developing her own style?! My oldest is very much the same style as mine, with more glitz. My younger daughter is still developing hers and I can't wait to see how she decorates her own home someday. I love your daughters big eyed girl painting--I remember those--it certainly creates a feeling. I hope you all are having a great summer!

Gina said...

Your daughter's room is beautiful and I really love that it reflects her personality & her loves! No doubt she is a talented girl...just like her Mama!

~ Lisa ~ said...

I love your daughter's room. I love how it shows her personality. She has inherited her Mother's talent. Tell her THANK YOU for sharing such a private side of her life. ♥

~ Lisa from Indiana ~

Curtains in My Tree said...


It didn't look out of the ordinary to me LOL
It looked like a modern young smart up to date girls room who likes all the recycle and redo art of today

My oldest daughter thinks everything I make or paint is crazy LOL