Monday, July 14, 2014

New Vignette and Old Transformation

As I was working on a new vignette for one of my living room's side tables I realize I had never posted about one of my most favorite thrift store finds transformations...
This is the vignette I was working on.
Here's a closer look...I love adding anything bird related to my vignettes. Love the sweet little nest.
And this is the after of my thrift store transformation...It's a vintage, broken, balance scale transformed into a lamp. When I found this piece it was missing the two balance plates (not sure that's what they're called) the arms and top part that held them in place.
At first I wasn't going to pick it up, even though it was only a couple of dollars but, Hubby thought it was too pretty to pass up. Plus, he had faith that I would eventually come up with a good use for it so he convinced me to get it. I figured it was probably worth taking for a couple of bucks even if it was only for the beautiful prisms...Well, after some brain storming a light bulb went off...Hee, hee, hee, pun intended...And after a bit of cleaning some paint and some wiring I had a brand new lamp...And now it's my most favorite lamp I own. Needless to say,  I was very happy Hubby convinced me to pick it up.
Since I transformed this thrift store find before my blogging days I have no before pictures to share but below is a picture I found on Google of what it would have looked like at one point in time.


As always, I'm thrilled you stopped by for a visit.
Wishing you all a beautifully creative day.



Hugs and Kisses,

13 comments:

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I would have never thought of making a lamp out of it. I had one like it years ago. It looks beautiful and I love how you decorated the table.

Blessed Serendipity said...

A very sweet and beautiful vignette Ana. I love it.

xo Danielle

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, what a great rework of that scale, Ana! I never would have thought it was anything but a lamp! : ) Love it. I'm sure I would have been trying to figure out what to do with it just for the bling.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, what a great rework of that scale, Ana! I never would have thought it was anything but a lamp! : ) Love it. I'm sure I would have been trying to figure out what to do with it just for the bling.

Gina said...

That's amazing, Ana! I always say how creative & talented you are and this one does not disappoint. I also love the pretty silver pedestal dish. Very intricate! All the pieces make for one very pretty vignette.

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Love it, Love it, Love it...that lamp is too cool! Definitely worth the purchase price. Did you also do the covering on the shade? The whole vignette is very pretty! Well done***

Teresa said...

So much loveliness and whimsy.
I love the lamp and I wish I had your vision - well, sometimes, I manage to have ahahah but I always feel I have to, not the natural flow as happens to you.

Wonderfully done, Sweet Friend.

I missed your creations and the delicacy on the patterns you use - so in love with that abat-jour. So feminine, so pretty!

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

è grandioso! una lampada meravigliosa! sembra nata così! adoro ciò che le tue mani d'oro riescono a fare. un abbraccio forte mia dolce amica. ti voglio bene

Lady Pamela said...

Ana, your lamp is b-e-a-u-t-I-f-u-l. I am so glad you husband encouraged you to pick it up. Good job!.
*Smiles*

Alessandra said...

You made a such beautiful transformation. The lamp looks gorgeous. I'd never thought of making a lamp out of it...so clever idea! The vignette is adorable
Kisses
Alessandra

Victoria said...

Ohhhhhh...that lamp! Wow, that is gorgeous!

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

So pretty Ana! I love how you repurposed the scale. So creative.
LOVE!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Ana,
I love your vignette! you always design such pretty ones. Come to my house OK...
Sending love and hugs your way!
Elizabeth