Friday, July 25, 2014

Sweet find on a very hot day.

It's official...I AM NOT A SUMMER PERSON. Heat just renders me useless. No inspiration, no creativity, no desire for ANYTHING...Well, maybe just to sit in front of the fan. Hee, hee, hee.


So today as I sit in front of my fan trying to think of something, anything to do so that I don't go crazy I decide to look through my iPad and iPhone pics and organize them...And look what I came across...
Back in November my brother in-law-brother, Julio married his very beautiful fiancĂ©e, Traci. I was so excited because they asked me if I would agree to create their cake topper. Of course immediately I said yes. Back then I was sworn to secrecy, so I couldn't show it to anyone until after the wedding. And if I recall correctly I promised you all that as soon as I could I would share....Well, here we are 8 months later...Better late than never? :-) I think it turned out so cute.
This is it on the cake. Needless to say I was totally ecstatic for being bestowed such a sweet honor.

And this is the happy couple on their special day.
 (Picture courtesy of their FB and taken by More Than Words Photography.)


Thank you all for stopping by.
Stay cool everyone and stay creative.


Hugs and Kisses,

13 comments:

  1. The cake topper you created is just adorable, Ana! It even looks like the cute couple! I love the little pets and the Mr. & Mrs. bunting. So cute!

    I'm the same as you. I don't like the heat and I'm glad we don't get too many hot days up north. When we do, it's humid, too, so it's really miserable. Try to think cool thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake topper is absolutely adorable! You did a wonderful job and how lucky are they to have such a creative sister-in-law!

    I have to agree with you, I don't exactly love the heat. Stay cool, Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ana,

    Sweet cake topper you made - great job you did.
    The wedding photo of them is lovely.
    Happy weekend and hope you find some way to keep cool.
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your cake topping, especially the little pets. glad i'm not the only one with this heat, i am beginning to feel I have a fan permanently attached to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake topper is so cute and so is the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ana! you are a true, true artist!! They are identical! and that pretty bride!
    I also can not stand the heat of summer. luckily this year the temperature is not very high and it rains often. a hug

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake topper you created is so pretty and sweet. It looks like the adorable couple. I hate summer too!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake topper is just adorable! You did a great job. I love the animals were added. Such a cute couple!

    It is getting into the 90's here again--too hot for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won't moan about the heat... it's summer is supposed to be hot... do I have to like it?... nope... but not moaning about it... not after I die at least... due to the heat... when is it over anyone knows?... give me autumn mayhem please... boots... coats... traffic craziness... and Christmas soon... crafts... lights... cold. blessed cold... not complaining... just saying.

    I love the cake topper and if I had a creative angel like you creating for my wedding I wouldn't want anyone to know too ahahah
    Love it! Sweet, funny and I bet everyone loved it to bits increasing the happy memories of a unique day. They seem a lovely couple too. It is good to have good and happy looking people in the family... And I love this outdoorsy photos. When we married they were more staged weren't they? I remember the stress of my Aunts because I was marrying in October and in October the garden wouldn't have as many flowers for the pictures... I would love a middle of nowhere country shooting... they're so whimsical... the groom seems a bunch of fun!)

    But if I recall there were 2 weddings back then. Did I dream about it? Wishing-full thought? I'm crazy and this heat isn't helping ;)

    Love you. Stay cool, please. Relaxed...
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. best wishes to the lovely bride and congratulations to the handsome groom. may they have decades of love and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You are talented and that is one adorable cake topper. How special for the sweet couple to have it handmade for them! Love the little kittie and dog. So sweet...:)

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cake topper is so sweet! You have too much talent!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be shy...leave me a comment so I know you stopped by...I just love reading your sweet comments, they always brighten up my day. ♥Ana