Monday, October 6, 2014

Easy Crystal Ball Craft

Crystal ball, crystal ball, tell me what I want to know....
Is there a mini Halloween tutorial in the very, very near future?
Looks like there is...Here is how I made this super spooky and super easy crystal ball.

Here is what you'll need:
*A plastic sphere (The kind that you can open in half.)
*Very little faux silk spider web.
*A candle stick...any will do ( I got mine at the Dollar Tree. They were two for a buck)
*Some vellum paper to print out the image of your choice...I chose a skull because for some reason skulls seems to be the main Halloween theme around our petite cottage this year.

What you'll need to do first is pick your image and then print it on the vellum paper. Just make sure it will fit your sphere. I made my image just a little smaller than the measurement from the inside center of the sphere to make sure it would fit. And then cut it out and you are ready to continue.
Open your sphere. I placed one half on the candle stick to make it easier to work with. Otherwise it just wibble wobbles everywhere :-) Make sure that the little hoop that is used to hang the sphere goes at the bottom. It will go in the candle stick so you won't see it. Plus it will help a little to keep the sphere in place on the candle stick.
Then take just a little bit of faux spider web and pull it apart. Pull it kind of long because some will go in the sphere and some will hang out...Keep reading, you'll see why.
Then place your image in the center, on top of the web that's inside the sphere...Like the picture above.
Next, with the web that was left hanging pull that over the image to sandwich the image between the bottom and top layers of web. This will keep your image in place. Play around and adjust the wed and image until you are happy with it. Final step is to close the sphere and place it on the candle stick and your done...Easy peasy, right?

Hope you enjoyed this mini tutorial...I would love to know if you decide to give it a try.

Happy Monday Everyone.


Hugs and Kisses,

15 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Spooky! I think this is such a fun and clever idea, Ana! It would be the perfect accent for any Halloween bash!

Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Vickie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love it, Ana! Such a great project for Halloween. Inexpensive and quick - my favorite kind!

Claudia said...

Hi Ana,
I love your Magic Ball :O)))
Wonderful and spooky !
Just in time for Halloween...well done!
Happy week to oyu,
Love and UHgs
Claudia

Claudia said...

you ...not oyu ...sorry!!!!

Teresa said...

Awesome.
I don't celebrate Halloween but if I did I'do this. It's amazing.

Well done,

Teresa

Mari said...

Ana, what a great idea, I just love it!
Thanks for sharing :-)

Hug So~
Mari

Jann said...

So awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Alessandra said...

What a clever and pretty idea! It's so adorable and spooky at the same time. Very perfect for Halloween!
Kisses
Alessandra

Blessed Serendipity said...

Super spooky Ana. I love the effect!

xo Danielle

Ti said...

That looks so cool :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Ana,

Oh this is wonderful and how very clever, thanks for sharing the tutorial.
We don't celebrate Halloween over here.

Sending hugs
Carolyn

La Petite Gallery said...

Thanks for the instructions, otherwise
I'd still me scratching my head.
Most interesting project I have seen.
Happy Autumn Days to you.
Dog sitting two dogs, while my Daughter is on Honeymoon. One really sings.
yvonne

Julie Marie said...

That's so cute Ana!... where did you find the clear plastic ball?... I want to try one!... Tessy sends doggie kisses to little Cookie, xoxo Julie Marie

Leslie said...

OOOOH MY Gosh! Anna, I LOVE it!!! I need to make this right now! : )

La Petite Gallery said...

Ana, thanks for the comment. I think this
is the best project I have ever seen. yvonne