Thursday, December 11, 2014

Mini Christmas Village

Ever since I can remember I have always wanted a mini Christmas village. I'm not sure why I've never created one before, until this year.
The Dollar Tree store had all the little components I needed to create my village.
Sorry for the pictures. For some reason my little Christmas Village vignette didn't want to photograph well. Anyway, the beautiful huge apothecary from Costco where I chose to create my little village was a prize my hubby won at his work's Annual Holiday Party a few weeks back. Yay for me! Don't know if I should be revealing this but when he won it it was filled with delicious chocolate...it is all gone now. Well I had to empty the jar to create my village, didn't I? Hee, hee, hee. They were soooo yummy.
In this smaller "apothecary" (It's really a brandy glass with a lid that I picked up at a thrift store as is. Hee, hee, hee.) you'll find a sweet mini Nativity scene from Hallmark I got a few years back. The wisemen are standing in the back.
Here's a closer look.
And in this other one from Princess House I place the shepards in the field. I know, I know, it didn't snow there but, you can't have Christmas without a little snow, right? ;-)
One of this year's obsessions...tiny bottle brush Christmas trees. Love them :-) The bigger ones below I got a couple of years ago at Marshall's.
So there you have it...Our Mini Christmas Village. What do you think?



Hugs and Kisses,

15 comments:

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

They are so adorable. I have to get me some jars and make some. You are so creative.

Art and Sand said...

I love your Christmas village. How fun that your husband won the perfect container and all you had to do was eat the chocolate to get it ready for your village.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So pretty and dainty. xoxo

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

So pretty, Ana! I love them all. They had some great little pieces at the dollar store for you to do the village. A nice way to have a little village scene.

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Oh Ana, these are so precious...and beautiful!!! Congrats on the win, you had a purpose for it so therefore it needed to be empty...good job! Nice match up with the lid and brandy glass. I'm into bottle brush trees this year also. Love your one's from Marshall's.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Ana this is so cute and clever! I love that everything is displayed in such unique ways. I'm not a real fan of "matchy" "matchy" so this really appeals to me! Great job!

Gina said...

I think your mini village is adorable! You did such a super job putting it all together. (I have a slight bottle brush tree obsession too.)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I think it's absolutely enchanting! How clever you are to use the jars, and even a brandy glass to create such a pretty scene to enjoy, Ana. Thanks for sharing!
Vickie

Claudia said...

Dear Ana, sweet friend, your Mini Christmas Village is so lovely!
Wising you a wonderful and blessed 3rd Advent-Weenend and sending Love and hugs,
♥ Claudia ♥

Alessandra said...

Ohhh...your mini Christmas village is very pretty and lovely! I adore to create mini villages for Christmas in my home. The next week i'm going to show the second one in red and white.So fun to eat the chocolate..mmmm...
Kisses
Alessandra

Julia said...

Es una maravilla, me encanta todo lo relacionado con la Navidad y de chocolate mi pasion felicidades.
T'animo a fer una ullada a aquest post veuras algunes idees realment interessants, que crec et poden inspirar i a faràs una passejada pels mercats de Nadal de Barelona. Desitjo que passis una bona estona. Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

So pretty Ana! I love the nativity in the jar. You know I don't have a bottle brush tree, I haven't seen them anywhere around here. I might have to order some. I love you little village :)

Jann Olson said...

So sweet! One of my favorite things to do is to create little scenes in jars or glass terrariums. This year I only made one, which is very unusual. But now and then I just have to mix things up. lol! And yes, you did need to empty those chocolates out of that jar.
hugs,
Jann

Liz@ Infuse With Liz said...

Wow I'm so impressed with this idea! I never thought to use apothecary jars to display a little village- terrific idea! I especially like the large apothecary jar and how it turned out! Great vignette!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are all so precious! I so wanted to make some this year....maybe there's still time! Holiday hugs, Diane