Monday, December 22, 2014

Most Treasured Ornament 2014

Hi Everyone!

It's that time of the year when I get to create our annual Christmas sphere, our Most Treasured Ornament. Every Christmas, since my hubby and I first started dating, I have made an ornament to commemorate a special or important event that happened to us on that particular year... This year was our road trip to Four Corners National Monument.

We had so much fun on that trip that it was definitely worth putting in the sphere.
I made the paper rose out of vintage music sheet. The date holder is a dollar store find. I bent it a little to fit the curb of the sphere. I cut the heads off of mini screws and glued them in place. 
We visited Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona, Mesa Verde in Colorado on our way to Four Corners National Monument which is in....
Arizona
Colorado
New Mexico
And Utah. Four Corners National Monument is the only place in the United States where one can be in four places at once...Hee, hee, hee. It is where the corners of four state meet.

I always have so much fun creating these ornaments. And when I am done I always wonder what will go in next year's. So exciting, I can't wait. If you would like to see other year's spheres you can click here....


Thank you for stopping by for a visit.



Hugs and Kisses,

10 comments:

Claudia said...

Dear Ana, sweet friend,
this is such a wonderful idea!
Thank you for sharing!
Have a lovely, peaceful and blessed Christmas week!
sending Love and hugs,
♥ Claudia ♥

Gina said...

I love this, Ana! You really do a spectacular job with these. I love the whole idea & the sentiment behind each one.

Alessandra said...

Dear Ana, you did a great job! Fantastic, amazing ornament with a very romantic meaning...so lovely idea! Again and again...BUON NATALE!
Kisses
Alessandra

Art @ Home said...

What a sweet and fun tradition, Ana. This year's ornament is so neat. I love how you included all four states inside the ornament, and I know you enjoyed your road trip there. :)

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Such a beautiful way to keep a special memory! Your paper rose is so pretty. The penny commemorative~~~I have over 30 of them, I've been getting them so long family members can spot a penny press machine a mile away!!!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Such a creative and beautiful ornament. You will remember your time there whenever you look at the ornament. I hope you have a beautiful Christmas Ana.

xo Danielle

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a wonderful idea to commemorate something important in your lives every year, Ana! You've created an ornament that will bring back memories of that trip every year.

Merry Christmas!
Vickie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are beautiful! I lived in the four corners...in NM...years ago! It's very different! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Hugs, Diane

Filonico said...

Merry Christmas from Abruzzo greenest region of Italy. happiness

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

What a sweet and clever tradition. It's very pretty. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. xoox