Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Feliz Dia de los Tres Reyes Magos

Happy Three Kings Day!!!

January the 6th is a special day in Mexico and in many other Latin American countries. It is the celebration known as "Dia de los Tres Reyes Magos" (Three Kings Day). The date marks the end of the twelve days of Christmas and commemorates the three wise men who traveled from very, very far, to bring gifts to the little baby Jesus.

When my sisters and I were little girls we would put our shoes out on the porch the night before in hopes that the Magi would bring us a little something. 
The magic of Christmas was stretched out just a tiny bit more for us and it was truly magical.

May the magic continue all year long for you.




Hugs and Kisses,


11 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That is so pretty, Ana! Did you make a new one or did you just change out the middle piece on this ruffled fabric wreath? I usually wait until January 6th to take my Christmas decorations down but we had a rainy weekend this past weekend so I did it then.

Claudia said...

Hello dear Ana, sweet friend,
this ornament is wonderful! Wishing oyu a wonderful 3 kings day!
Sending love and hugs and blessings for a wonderful, lucky and healthy new year!
♥ Claudia ♥

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hello dear Ana,
This is just beautiful! Wishing you a wonderful Three Kings Day...
Happy New Year.. May life be good to you and bring you joy and good health
blessings,
Penny

Art and Sand said...

I knew that January 6 was a special day, but I was never sure why - may the day be special for you.

Mari said...

Hi Ana sweetie, I also celebrate the three kings day, I wish you a great one ;-)

Smiles~
Mari

June said...

What a lovely wreath dear Ana! Happy Three Kings Day to you my dear!!!!!
sending hugs...

Valerie Roberts said...

So beautiful...

Marie-Anne said...

Happy Epiphany to you, dear Ana!!
We celebrate it differently in Greece. Have a look in my new post: http://latelierdemarieanne.blogspot.gr/2015/01/blessing-waters.html
Your fabric wreath is just beautiful!!!!!!!!

Alessandra said...

Just gorgeous wreath, Ana! Very weel done, my dear friend. In Italy we call this special day Epifania or Befana! This is the last day of Christmas vacation.
Kisses
Alessandra

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

I was unaware that this was the end of the 12 days of Christmas and Three Kings Day ~ it is also my sister's birthday!! Your wreath is so pretty. Best ~ Mickie.

Art @ Home said...

Yes! Wise men DO still seek him! We were a day late and celebrated on Jan. 7th ;P I love the pretty wreath! Happy Epiphany!