Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Sew Creative

Hi Everyone!


A little over a month ago Hubby and I worked on this little home project, a barn door.
Which since then has lead us on a long journey of lots of spring cleaning, home reorganization and countless other home projects...Incredible how a little thing like a new door can set off a domino effect of other home projects. Anyway, I would love to be able to say that we are all done, but no. Although we are very, very close. I think the hardest part is all done...the moving and building of furniture (all mainly done by Hubby) and the spring cleaning and reorganization (all mainly done by me). Now comes the fun part...the decorating and creating. I am so excited about all the cool changes our petite cottage is undergoing and I cannot wait to share them with you. But for now I will give you a little teaser...
I just finished this sign. It is for a special new space in our home that is just for me. Oooh, I cannot wait to show you it. 
We are on a budget so most of the projects I am working on are redo/makeover/repurpose projects.
Below is what I started out with. The letters S E W are magnets that I found at Hobby Lobby and the tin L O V E sign I already had and this is what it looked like before.
And this is its new home.
I might not be able to resist waiting until everything is completely done to show you. Maybe I'll show you the changes as they are happening since the major ones are already done...Hmmm, something to ponder ;-)

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.
Hope you come to visit again soon.


Hugs and Kisses,

13 comments:

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely sign you have made, Ana!!!! I look forward to seeing your SEWing corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The barn door is beautiful! Well done, you both!!

Primroses Attic said...

Ana the sign is fab. Can't wait to seeing your sewing space.
Rosezeeta

Ivy and Elephants said...

LOVE the barn door! Great job!
Hugs,
Patti

Dee said...

I am so loving that barn door and I can't believe how you re-created that love sign. It turned out fabulous!

Claudia said...

Dear Ana, sweet friend, this is such a lovely sign! It would really look good on my wall here ;O)
Wishing you a great rest of the week,
sending Love and hugs and blessings,
♥ Claudia ♥

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh Ana! I simply *adore* your new barn door! You have such a beautiful home!
And the sign is just perfect as well - one I would love in my craft room to keep my thinking creatively!!
Hugs and much love to you!
Kelly-Anne

Stephanie said...

Dearest Ana, your barn door is simply beautiful! It adds such charm to your home. And the sign...how absolutely sweet! Thank you for sharing with us.

Hugs and blessings!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love what you did with your sign, and the door your husband built is beautiful. It is strange how one thing leads to another when you fix or change something.

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Ana,

How exciting for all the new changes in your sweet home - love the new barn door and your lovely sign - sew and creative are two fun and exciting things.
Happy weekend
Hug
Carolyn

A Joyful Cottage said...

That barn door is fabulous, Ana, and I love what you did with the sign. It's gorgeous! Can't wait to see the rest of the space. Hugs, Nancy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I don't know how I missed this, Ana! What a great idea and I love the sign! You did a great job with painting in the "Creative" and how very "creative" of you to use the word SEW for a play on words for your special space. : )

Gina said...

So pretty! What a great transformation! I like your sign even better than the original.

Teresa said...

I missed this.
I want to do a couple of signs to my home but I'm having difficulty with the Stencils. Do you know when they say on youtube that it's easy to do your own stencils?!?! beg to differ... or I'm just too clumsy as diy with glues had already proven ahahahahaha
Your sign looks beyond lovely. I want to be you if I ever grow up or don't kill myself first doing stencils ahahahaha
Lots of Love,
Teresa