Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Storage and Lighting

Hi Everyone!
Here are two more projects that I've checked off my To Do List of sewing space projects.

The first is... 
This book case that we repurposed. We had already put the curtains up when I took pictures for my previous post but it was still empty inside. So what's behind the curtains?
Let's take a looksy.
Bins and bins filled with all my crafting/sewing supplies. No more running out to the garage to get what I need. Yay!!!
This was an easy transformation. Hubby attached a small curtain rod, which I already had from a previous kitchen window redo project, onto the book case. Then I added curtains, which I already had too. I just had to hem them a bit. Easy peasy. I am loving all the new extra storage.
Next project was changing a wall light fixture. Hubby did this one all by himself though. Well I did add the pretty little tassels...Hee, Hee, Hee.
I found this fixture a while back at a flea market and I am so happy that it has finally found a home. So pretty.

Slowly but surely my petite space is coming along.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Wishing you a wonderful day.


Hugs and Kisses,



11 comments:

Shirley said...

Good Morning, I have enjoyed catching up with you this morning. I like your book case and how you have turned it into storage for your sewing. I know where there is another chair like your sewing chair. I just knew the seat had to open when I saw your first picture. They come in so handy. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Art and Sand said...

There is nothing like having things on hand. I need to run to the garage because that is where I am once again creating.

I like the way you hid things.

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Ana, you have done a terrific job organizing...all those lovely, labeled bins!!! Lucky you in finding that wall sconce...hubby did great job of putting it up...but, your pretty accessorizing makes it. I so hope tassels never go out of fashion!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Great minds think alike! I don't know if I've ever showed it but we took an area that was meant for a built in china cabinet and turned it into shelves for storage containers.....and put a curtain in front of it. I have really enjoyed it. I have holiday decorations and vintage items in bins. It works great! Sweet hugs, Diane

Claudia said...

Dear Ana, my sweet friend, this book case is great for storing sewing and other stuff! You did a wodnerful job!
The Light is beautiful too!
Sending you Love and hugs and blessings for a wonderful new day!
Claudia xo

Teresa said...

This is awesome!
I love clever organizing. Add Pretty if you're doing it ;)
I have problems - don't we all?! - with storage space. So I'm do happy that you share your solutions...
What a lovely nook you're creating there - it will be hard to leave when your work is done ahahahah
Love,
Teresa

Alessandra said...

Your sewing space is becoming more and more beautiful.The bookshelf is very pretty. What a clever idea! Everything looks very organized. I like very much the light.
HUgs
Alessandra

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Ana, what a great idea! xoxo Su

A Joyful Cottage said...

Looking good, Ana! I love that wall light. Ooh, so pretty. The curtains look great and I love the way you have everything organized. This inspires me as I think about my upcoming creative space. Hugs, Nancy

SpicingUpIdaho said...

Lovely way to hide a very organized space! Your new light fixture is just sweet too! It is fun to see how other people creatively organize their work spaces!

Semmi said...

office party