Monday, June 22, 2015

Comforted Heart and New Projects

I'd like to begin by saying thank you to all who left such sweet, caring and kind comments on my last post. You will never know how much your kind words of sympathy help comfort my heart. For that I will always be grateful.
Not going to lie though, I've been moping around the house still feeling sad and now even more so that our daughter has moved out. We were lucky that she decided to attend a local university so she has been home since she started a couple of years ago. However this summer she will be participating in a school program that requires her to live on campus....I know, I know, no big deal, she'll still be local....But she is our only child and she has never been away from us for so long. I'll only get to see her on weekends, if I'm lucky :-(
Anyway, hubby says I need to keep myself busy so that I won't go crazy. (A little too late for that I would say... Hee, hee hee.) But I'll agree with him, keeping busy will help pass the time a little quicker so this summer is the perfect time to get some projects done...as many as possible.
Now what can I possibly do with a vintage child's security gate, which I snatched from my parents garage, a pair of metal floral wall decor pieces, which were a thrift store find and three wire baskets, also thrift store finds. Three very different items for three creative projects.
Hmm....You'll just have to come back and see.


Thank you for stopping by for a visit today.
Wishing you a wonderfully creative new week.


Linking to
for
What's It Wednesdays
Thank you for the invite Patti & Paula

Hugs and Kisses,

14 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

It's not easy being an empty nester...but it truly changes into YOU time....you deserve it and have earned it.

Join your local civic women's club - start a book club - crafts club - get a part-time job - you will find yourself soooo busy. This is your time. Enjoy it as much as you can!

I am an empty nester too - youngest daughter gets married in August....so I do understand. Hugs.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I know exactly how you feel. I was so upset when our Daughter moved out, but we still had our Son with us. Than a few years after that he go married and wow it hit me. I still dream of the days when they were little and wish for those days back. When our grandkids were born it was like a second chance, but now that they are teenagers we hardly see them. So the way of life is. Yes, keeping busy is the answer.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You'll make something beautiful! I'm thinking about you my sweet friend and sending you extra hugs, Diane

Claudia said...

Dear Ana, my sweet friend, I am sure, you will do something beautiful and I will come back!
Your daughter moved out, well, this is part of the life, but you did not loose her ! I am sure, you will see her as often as possible ;O)
Sending you much love and hugs for a blessed week,
♥ Claudia ♥
P.S. Did you get my last mail? I wanted to ask, if I may show your little surprise on my blog?

Consider It All Joy said...

You are such a tease, can't wait to see what you have created! It's hard when the kiddos leave the nest but you are right, at least she's close by! Have a great week, Cindy

SpicingUpIdaho said...

Well, I feel your pain in this post too! My kids are reaching that age where they are doing things more and more on their own, without us included, lol. So hard to lose your sweet Cookie, and now your precious daughter having to move as well. Keeping yourself busy with things to do is always important, but still, there will remain a loss there that will "pang" for quite a while... I'm feeling it right now too! I am looking forward to seeing what your creative juices are producing... that is always fun! Have a blessed and wonderful day!

Art and Sand said...

I am glad you are doing better and I wish your daughter well in her summer program.

You are such a tease!

Barb @ Bella Vista said...

Ana, it takes time to heal and adjust. Be kind to yourself.

Sending hugs and good thoughts.

Barb ♥

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Can't wait to see what you do with them. They are great pieces. Jo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Sometimes I find that I crave the quiet, and when it comes, the joy lasts only for a short while, then I need action, purpose, results.

I am at home trying to write poetry. It's HARD. I don't have any external support or inspiration, yet I press on. You will find the inspiration necessary to put you into action, Ana; your purpose is always before you, and just work toward the results that will reward you. HAPPY DAY, OK? Anita

20 North Ora said...

Looking forward to what you do with those items!!

Judy

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Thank you dearest Ana, for visiting my blog! Have a SUPER DAY! Anita

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

Ana I haven't visited for a while and am so sad also to here your little precious passed on. Time will heal. It's nice that your dear daughter can visit often too. I can't wait to see what you do with those treasures. I promised myself I'd get back to visiting more often in future. xx

Kathy Moreland said...

Looking forward to see what you do with these!! New follower!