Friday, July 24, 2015

Purse-fect!




I get distracted so easily...

My intentions have been to work on some of the other projects I mentioned here.

But....
I just had to work on something else that has been on my mind for a while now.

As you may have guessed from my previous post, I like purses. All sorts of them and I can never seem to have enough of them, hee, hee, hee.

The desire for this one though, came from necessity. Most of my purses, especially the one that seems to go with me everywhere lately is sometimes just too big to lug around everywhere. So what did I have in mind? 
Something smaller and lighter that I can throw over my shoulder. Something hands-free.
Something small in which I can carry only the very bare essentials like my phone and bank card/ID case that my sweet Mom-in-law gave me.
Something for when I'm running a quick errand or when I go for a walk with my hubby. 

And this is what I came up with. I crocheted and lined this little over-the-shoulder strap purse that fits all my needs purse-fectly. I love how it turned out.

But the purse was not all I worked on...

The card case  my Mom-in-law gave me did not look like this when she first gave it to me.
It is an aluminum credit card protector case and the above is a picture of what it looked like before. It's a great case but it did need a little pizzazz. So I decoupaged it with vintage dress patterns.
This is one side of it,
and this is the other side.
Here's a peek inside. 
So there you have it, my newest creations. I do hope you liked them. I'd love to hear what you think.

Wishing you a wonderfully creative day.







Hugs and Kisses,

17 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi and WOW Ana what a beautiful crocheted bag you made and I love the cardholder makeover! Wishing you a nice day and weekend.
Julie xo

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hello dear Ana,
You do such beautiful work, and you are so creative!
Thank you for sharing.
blessings,
Penny

Dee said...

Ana, what a lovely little purse and the changes you made to that card case was perfect. You know, you could make a fortune on Etsy. Have a wonderful weekend... :)

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

That is so cute and practical. Great job.

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh Ana...you are a true inspiration!
Just look at the loveliness you created...oh!
Your crochet work is simply beautiful and oh so perfect...and I love the card holder you jazzed up... You are so creative and visiting your blog is always such a joy! :)
Have a blessed weekend!
Kelly-Anne

Gina said...

That is the sweetest little purse! I can just see you carrying it too. It suits you perfectly! Great job on the credit card case too.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Love it Ana! Got to love decoupage. Have a lovely weekend. Jo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THERE YOU GO, this is my style, the small one for the essentials (phone, ID, debit card, key) LOVELY!

SpicingUpIdaho said...

You are so creative! I love your sweet little purse, and card carrier - I need one of those! Beautiful beautiful!!! You are quite the talented gal! :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your crochet work is exquisite, Ana! You could go into business selling your custom purses. The crocheted rose adds the sweetest touch!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That little purse is just adorable! All of it is so pretty--you are so creative!

handmade by amalia said...

This is my first visit to your pretyy blog and I'm just in time to see this darling petite bag. Love.
Amalia
xo

Tant Gröns Lilla Bod said...

I love that little purse! You are so talented :).
Blessings
~ Maria ~

Claudia said...

Dear Ana, sweet friend, this little purse is wonderful! I also like the decoupage on this littel metall box.
Wishing you a wonderful new week, sending Love and hugs and blessings,
Claudia, xo

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

I agree, you are so talented! Such a pretty, feminine and petite purse. Don't you just love the freedom of popping into a shop without lugging a big purse? I've been using a small over the shoulder to the waist purse for about a year now...I don't even bother taking it off when driving, it's too small to take up much space. I can walk away from my shopping cart (which I do a lot) and my little purse is right with me (and not walking off with someone else!!!) I still put the big old bag in the car for emergencies though...a girl just never knows. Have a lovely week dear Anna ~ Mickie.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

That little purse is fantastic! I love my vintage 'handbags' but most just have a small handle and when you are out and about for shopping, etc., it's just too cumbersome so I do love my little shoulder bags.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Ana, oh my your makeover for the card holder is fabulous. I have one of those and now you have inspired me. Love the darling purse and just right for holding those little essentials when you don't need to carry a big bag.. You are one talented designer.
I'm having a giveaway if you'd like to join in. Have a nice weekend. Hugs, cm