Thursday, August 6, 2015

Chicken-wire, old map and a light shade

We have been working on a "new" home project for what seems a long while now. I've been wanting to post about it but it's not completely finished. Well, in hopes of "encouraging" hubby and me to hurry up I decided to show you a bit of what we've already done.

I'll begin with a project I worked on for the space.
Chicken-wire, a light shade (both of which I already had) and 2 sheets of paper with an old map printed on them that Hubby purchased on-line were the supplies I used. All I did was cut the paper and chicken-wire to fit around the shade. The paper wasn't wide enough or long enough to cut all in one piece so two pieces were needed. I then glued the pieces of paper to each other, shape the chicken-wire onto the shade and over the paper and voilĂ , a new light shade. I didn't even need to glue the map onto the shade because the chicken wire is holding everything nicely together. I like that nothing is permanent, so it makes it easy to change again if needed :-)
This space is our almost finished family/television/movie and t.v. show memorabilia room. We love the old world/industrial look so that is the direction we decided to go in for this room. There are so many projects we have worked on and are still working on for this space...I cannot wait to share with you more...The barn door you see behind the wingback chair was the very first project Hubby worked on for this room...It was my birthday present. If you like to see more click here.



I hope to be able to share more in the next few weeks. Thank you for stopping by and a special thank you to all who left such sweet and kind comments on my last post. Love you all.




Hugs and Kisses,

9 comments:

Dee said...

Ana, that light shade is gorgeous. You and your hubby came up with such a simple solution to beautify your space. You always come up with such great ideas... :)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Really clever! I would not have though of combining the paper with the chicken wire -- it's SO cute! Your space is really warm and welcoming!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I bet your newly crafted lamp shade has a nice warm glow at night, Ana. You come up with the best ideas! As for blogging about an unfinished room, it didn't work for me. hehe I guess I naturally move at a snail's pace when it comes to finishing projects. It looks like you're already done to me, so you must be close!

Art and Sand said...

What a clever lampshade idea!

Consider It All Joy said...

What a great lamp shade! Looking forward to seeing the finished room, sounds like a fun and enjoyable space! Blessings, Cindy

Claudia said...

Ana, my sweet friend, this lamp shade is georgous! You are so talented, I love all your wonderful crestions!
Wishing you a beautiful weekend, filled with love, joy and blessings!
Hugs
♥ Claudia ♥

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ooo! Nice idea, Ana!

Beverly said...

I love the way you incorporated the map design. It works perfectly with your room style.

I invite you to join us for "anything goes" Pink Saturday.♥

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Love the lampshade and a great idea!