Friday, August 14, 2015

Man Cave

Okay, I know I've been referring to this room as our family/television/movie and tv memorabilia room but if you ask Hubby he'll say it's his Man Cave.  
Aside from the black floral decorative cushions and white coffee table (Both of which will hopefully be replaced soon with more appropriate pieces.) pretty much everything in the room screams "I am a Sci-fi Movie Geek and I am king of this room." Hee, hee, hee.
Poor thing, for the longest time he has had to live in a house where every single room was quite feminine with loads of lace, flowery, vintagey, girly, fuffy stuff....It's no wonder he calls this room his sanctuary.
He has been so patient and accepting of my girly decor that it was only fair and about time he got his very own space.
This is the other side of the room. It turned out to be a very difficult room to photograph so I apologize for the bad pics. Although there are a few more projects we still want to work on for this room I guess we can say that the room is pretty much done. Oh, by the way, forgot to mentions that Hubby build all the pipe and wood shelve units. I'm telling you, Hubby is turning out to be quite the handyman. So proud of him.



Thanks for stopping by.




Hugs and Kisses,

9 comments:

Art and Sand said...

My eye went right to the A & J. I used the metal letters - A & J for our son's wedding. They just told me they hung A & J on their kitchen wall.

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Wow! Those industrial pipe shelves are fantastic...hubby did a swell job! I remember when the Star War movies came out...and now those action figures are collectibles! Have a lovely week~~~Mickie.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

This is the look that many of us love: industrial, comfortable, almost indestructible, and goes pretty well with the elegant look too! ANA, YOU DID IT!

Cindy said...

Hello dearest Ana, Your hubby's man cave is really nice! He must really enjoy going in there. I have made the living room and dining room in my "new to me " house that we bought a year ago, into a man cave. It has some of the same elements that your hubbys has.
Have a wonderful day my sweet friend.
Cindy

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I love it and I adore the black and white picture of you and your family. Now, my Grandson would love to come to your house. He is a big Star Wars fan.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks like a really comfortable room, Ana! Comfort is always key for me and then if it looks good it's a plus. : ) I can understand how your hubby feels {I'm sure there are many husband's that feel the same way}. Our recent recliner couch purchase was left up to my hubby so he could feel like he had some say in our decorating!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love his collection. It's so interesting.

xoxo Su

Consider It All Joy said...

Man Cave or not, it looks like a wonderfully comfortable place to hang out! Love the shelving units your hubby build, good work! Enjoy! Blessings, Cindy

Claudia said...

Dear Ana, my sweet friend, this looks wonderful! I love the picture above the chair, so nice :O)
Wishing you a wonderful new week,
sending Love and hugs and blessings!
♥, Claudia ♥