Thursday, October 8, 2015

Feeling Nostalgic

I don't know why but I've been feeling quite nostalgic lately...
Which has had me thinking a lot about this beautiful lady.
This is my grandmother (my mami's mom) Although she left us to be with the angels when I was only a little girl I still remember her quite well, and I miss her very much.
So what does this plate have to do with anything? Well, my grandmother use to own dinnerware just like it. I found this little treasure at a thrift store. The moment I saw it my mind was flooded with wonderful memories of my grandmother so I had to have it. It is a sweet reminder of  her. I use it every morning for my breakfast. It makes me feel like I am back at my grandma's house having breakfast with her. Just thought I'd share.


Wishing everyone a beautiful day.



Hugs and Kisses,

11 comments:

Cozy Little House said...

What a beautiful sentiment! A testimonial to someone you dearly loved. And using something that reminds you of her every day.
Brenda

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I love it when I find things that bring back memories. This time of the year brings back wonderful times with my Mother. We would always go to the peanut shoppe and buy candy corn and peanuts. She loved putting them together to eat. My first salt and sugar snack.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I am feeling this way too wishing for simpler days my friend.

20 North Ora said...

Isn't it wonderful to see something like that and have such lovely memories? I hope my children and grandchildren do that when I am gone. Sweet post.

Judy

Consider It All Joy said...

I'm sure you treasure the memories that plate triggered for you! May you enjoy the piece as you enjoy the memories! Blessings, Cindy

Claudia said...

Dear Ana, my sweet friend, what a wonderful and lovely Memory Post to your dear Grandmother!
isn't it wonderful how tiny things or treasures can get back us to our childhood?
Enjoy those treasures, filled with lovely memories!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend, filled with love and Joy,
hugs and blessings to you,
♥ Claudia ♥

Teresa said...

You shouldn't feel nostalgic but blessed. I believe these "coincidences" are warm hugs that those angels give us when we so much need them.
Take Care,
Teresa

PS - you have your Grandma's eyes. I always look the photos before reading the text - which is tricky but my friends know I'm clumsy and weird ahahahah - and when I saw the picture I immediately thought it was your Lovely Mother's picture in her teenager years.

Alessandra said...

This is a such sweet post! Dear Ana, thanks for sharing your nostalgic feelings.I' m sure your grandmother is watching you...she's your special angel.
HUgs
Alessandra

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh how beautiful! What a gift that you have such sweet memories of her and that you were able to find something that reminds you of her even more! I always think of my grandpa (he was a widower with ELEVEN children!!) when I see the green jadite. He always served us hot chocolate in the heavy, green mugs :)

Annette Robinson said...

I think your grandmother's dishes may have been Carnival glass ware.

poppilinnstudios said...

Awww, that is so sweet. What a wonderful idea :)