Monday, October 19, 2015

Halloween coffee table vignette

I can't believe it will be Halloween in a couple of weeks...Yikes! But no worries our little cottage is all dressed up and ready to go. In my last post I shared with you our Halloween inspired mantel and today I'd like to share my coffee table Halloween vignette.
For the past few years I have been slowly incorporating a bit of Dia de los Muertos decor with my Halloween decor. Although Dia de los Muertos is a big part of my cultural heritage it is not really a date we ever celebrate or have celebrated in the past. 
But I do love these pretty, artfully and skillfully hand painted calaveras (skulls).
Traditionally they are made out of sugar, however the ones in my collection are all made of clay. This one is my most recent addition. I will be sharing the rest of my collection in the next few posts.
This year I even added a calavera pillow. It was actually a tea towel I found at a 99 Cent store that I made into a pillow cover.
Oh, and no vignette of mind is complete without a little birdie..even if it's a crow...or is it a raven? :-)
I was trying to go for a grown up, stylish Halloween look.
But there is always room for a fun little faux spider. 


Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Wishing you all a wonderful new week.


Hugs and Kisses,

10 comments:

Alessandra said...

Spooky and shabby chic at the same time! I love your Halloween vignette. The skull, the crow, the spider are very original objects and perfect for Halloween. The cage with the white pumpkins is just gorgeous.
Hugs
Ale

Gina said...

I love your vignette! It all looks wonderful grouped together on that silver tray. You are always inspiring, dear Ana.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your table is so artfully arranged, Ana. Even the pillow in the background fits in with your somewhat ethnic Halloween theme! I love your sweet little pumpkins with the cinnamon stick stem- did you make them, too?

Claudia said...

Hello, Ana, my sweet friend,
your Halloween Coffeetable looks great!
Happy week to you,
Love and hugs
♥ Claudia ♥

Art and Sand said...

Lovely Halloween decorations.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning sweet Ana! Looking good! How I love this time of year with the light and shadow of October. HAVE FUN!

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

What a fun Halloween vignette! I especially like the embellished photo, but it's all great. Been seeing a lot of silver plate and "Day of the Dead" skulls being incorporated into decor this year. I even bought a faux carved skull myself, even though I probably should be carving turnips!!! Hoping to get a post done showing my spooky entry way ( I've been so ho-hum about posting the last few months). Have a lovely week ~ Mickie.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Well who doesn't love a beautifully painted skull! And it is all grown up looking. Great job Ana!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I am not a fan of Halloween but your decorating is pretty cute! :)

Red Rose Alley said...

I have heard of this day being celebrated - I am wondering if it's a Mexican tradition? There was a small area in our church with all the festive decorations and pictures of loved ones. Your skulls are so cool, Ana.

love, ~Sheri