Monday, October 12, 2015

Halloween Inspired Mantel


Halloween has always been a super fun day for me, ever since I was a little girl. I have so many wonderful memories of my mami making my sister's and my costumes and taking us out to trick o' treat.  
A tradition I passed down to my daughter, who at the age of 20 still enjoys dressing up and going trick o' treating. Hee, hee, hee. And who also enjoys, along with my hubby, when I decorate for Halloween...I think they have come to expect it every year now ;-)
This year's Halloween inspired mantel I think is my favorite one yet. It was so much fun to put together.
I did use items I already had but also added a couple of new items, like the cute little black and cream pumpkins I got from JoAnn's.
The little skeleton and the paper bats are also new. 
Poor Mr. Bones...he looks dead tired...Hee, hee, hee.
Also new is the Trick or Treat glitter sign I got from the 99 cent store and the Boo banner, which I made.
I cut these little bats out of black card stock.
I love how they look. 
So there you have it...my Halloween Inspired Mantel. Hope you liked it.


Wishing everyone a beautiful inspiring day.



Hugs and Kisses,

15 comments:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Ana,

Your mantel is so adorable! Love those bats too! Have a lovely week.

Dee said...

Cutting out those bats was a great idea and probably a lot more affordable than buying them that way. The black and white pumpkins are really cute, Mr. Bones also fits right in and looks very relaxed on your mantel... :)

Julie's Lifestyle said...

What a gorgeous Halloween mantel you decorated! I love the skulls and black and white pumpkins!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the bats. It's all very festive! xoxo Su

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love it! Especially the bats! I put some things on my baker's rack today but now that I've seen yours....I think I could have done better! lol I may have to rearrange things a bit! Hugs!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Those little bats are brilliant Ana! I SO LOVE this time of year!!!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh my gosh -- this is absolutely ADORABLE!!! I laughed out loud at the Elf Skulls!! It's so cute and creative and well -- it just made me smile! By the way, my 24 year old daughters still trick or treat when they are home -- last year they went as the twins from the movie, The Shining. Creepy to say the least. Oh well ;)

NanaDiana said...

Oh, Ana. That is just so cute! You did a great job..love the bats and the whole thing is just spooktacular! xo Diana

handmade by amalia said...

The best Halloween mantle I've seen this year, Ana. Super fun.
Amalia
xo

Claudia said...

Ana, my sweet friend, this Halloweenmantel is wonderful ! I LOVE it!
Have fun and enjoy :O)

Love , hugs and blessings to you,
♥ Claudia ♥

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your Halloween mantel is filled with creepy goodness, Ana! I love the bats flying across the room. A coworker of mine once opened her fireplace damper and out came a dozen soot covered bats!! She had to have her entire house (draperies, walls, etc) professionally cleaned to get all the soot out of everything.....after the bats were captured. Yikes!

Gina said...

Your mantel looks wonderful, Ana! I love that it's spooky & cute at the same time.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Really cute. Doesn't scream Halloween. You always manage to keep it right in line with your decorating style. :)

Alessandra said...

Your mantel is rich of fun! I like it very much. Your Halloween decors are so pretty, so lovely and spooky at the same time.Very well dome, dear Ana.
Hugs
Alessandra

Consider It All Joy said...

Your Halloween mantel may be a little bit 'battie' but I'm sure you enjoyed creating it. Have a great week, Cindy