Monday, November 30, 2015

Christmas Mantel and Fireplace Project



Hi Everyone!

I am so excited to show you this year's Christmas mantel and a project for the fireplace that Hubby built for me.
I know it may not look like much but that wood piece hanging from the fireplace is kinda special to me. One because Hubby made it and two because he made it out of old wood trim that was taken out of my parents kitchen when they remodel. The very same kitchen I grew up in. So being the sentimentalist that I am I just couldn't let them toss them out. At that moment I didn't know what I would do with them but I knew it would eventually come to me. I love, love, love how it turned out.
It displays the burlap wreath I made a few days ago. The pretty glittered reindeer is a Dollar Tree find. Love Glitter!
Decided to keep the mantel simple because I want the wood piece to have center stage. A pretty pair of white reindeer form Target and bottle brush trees.
A couple of vases filled with faux snow and ornaments.
And a burlap runner with twinkle lights and a red berry garland. 
Here is sort of a before picture of the fireplace piece:-) Love all the chippy, scuffed up charm the pieces had so I kept them as they were. However there were a few chips that showed a bit of blue paint, the color the kitchen was when my parents first bought the house. So I just touched them up with some paint and antiquing glaze so the whole piece would be all the same color.
Here's another look. So What do you think?
Thank you so much for stopping by. 
Wishing you all a wonderful new week.



Hugs and Kisses,

17 comments:

Alessandra said...

You are a couple of artist! The mantel is gorgeous and rich of pretty details. Very well done!
Hugs
Alessandra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love what you've made. I bought an American Flag that is wooden pieces and when I turned it over it was white. So now I use it year round depending on the holiday. And how I love little trees and deer. I decorated some today too. Hugs, Diane

NanaDiana said...

Awww...Ana! It is just lovely. You did a great job decorating and hubby did a great job building. You two make a perfect team. Love it. What a fun beginning to your Christmas season. xoDiana

20 North Ora said...

Ana - I bought that same beautiful reindeer. I thought it had the most gorgeous shape and was covered in glitter. What else could you ask for? Your mantle looks just great.

Judy

Consider It All Joy said...

Ana, that will be a treasured piece forever! So beautiful and such a perfect place to showcase it! Wonderful mantle vignette! Blessings, Cindy

Claudia said...

Ana, my sweet friend, your Fireplace Project ist wonderful! So lovely decorated, with so much Love ... just BEAUTIFUL !
Wishing you a wonderful frist week of december,

Sending Love and Hugs and Blessings to you,
♥ Claudia ♥

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very pretty! And your mantel is very nice with a simple look.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I love your mantle and the project you made is so pretty. If we had a mantle I would have David make me one.

Art and Sand said...

Your mantel looks wonderful.

I love all of Steve's painting, but sometimes I wish that I could put some architectural pieces on the mantel at holiday time. I would never hurt his feelings though by asking him to move a painting.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Gorgeous! I love the wood piece your husband made out of your parents kitchen! Perfect! I'm keeping my mantel simple this year too. Happy Tuesday:-)

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Gorgeous! I love the wood piece your husband made out of your parents kitchen! Perfect! I'm keeping my mantel simple this year too. Happy Tuesday:-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THAT, is really special, Ana! I LOVE IT. I remember last year, my husband finished off a project for me for Christmas: he got up on a 12 foot ladder to apply Annie Sloan white paint to the beams on our vaulted ceiling! HAHAHHAHA....this year, I want him to attached a thick beam as a mantle piece on one of the walls. The homemade things are what I love the most. Yours is just gorgeous. Have fun my friend!

Lady Pamela said...

What a wonderful remembrance you have of your childhood home.
When my Dad demolished our old house, he cut a piece from the outside. It was just simple plywood painted pale green. Back then I never realized what a treasure that would become.
I have kept it, (not too sure where it is stored) maybe I will look for it and put it on my mantle like you did. I think it is a wonderful idea.
*Smiles*

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your husband created a work of art out of the old kitchen trim boards, Ana! I absolutely love it! And your wreath and mantel decor finish off a perfect look for your fireplace. Gorgeous!

Cindy said...

I love the piece that your husband made, it looks wonderful and how nice to have a piece of your past in your home with you.
I hope you are well my sweet friend! Love and hugs, Cindy

Teresa said...

And this is how you make the "bridge" from Thanksgiving, and being thankful, to Christmas, and the new hopes for magical and hopeful times. Your way, at least.
I love it. I love that involved all those bits and gestures that make your heart overflow with happiness.
Looks wonderful. Looks YOU with all the romanticism and beauty that characterize you my Friend.
Enjoy! The Mantel, your Family and The Season!
Love you,
Teresa

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Ana! You and your husband have done such a beautiful job.. Everything looks amazing....
Thank you so much for visiting and kind words..
Enjoy the holidays
blessings,
Penny