Monday, November 2, 2015

Crystals, a shade and a bright idea.


Don't you just love when an idea turns out better than you imagined?
I had two of these lampshade frames from a while back that I bought at a thrift store for only 65 cents and these strands of crystals, which were a dumpster save by my awesome Dad-in-law...And I thought...Hmmm, what would happen if I combine the both of them...And this is the result.  
I am so happy how it turned out. Now to finish the other one. Oh, and I added a second smaller shade underneath it to soften the light a bit. So what do you think?


Happy November Everyone!



Hugs and Kisses,


12 comments:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

How clever and what a steal for that price! It looks great! Have a lovely day!

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Very pretty, the frame has a nice shape and it all works together beautifully! Yes, it's nice when what we imagine turns out, sometimes even better...that's why we keep trying. Great idea using an under-shade to diffuse light. Best ~ Mickie

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Ana, it turned out beautiful!! You have such creativity... I love that you put a shade underneath to soften the light...
blessings,
Penny

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Now this is really GREAT! It reminds me of an insane idea I had a long time ago to take one of these lampshade frames and thread TINY beads to cover it....if you can imagine. It was CRAZY! Lovely results my dear!

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

It looks beautiful. I love crystals and trying to put more in our home. So far I have just a few things around.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Crystals always add a nice sparkle to a room and your idea is so clever, Ana! I love it!

20 North Ora said...

What a great and creative idea. Love the finished project.

Judy

Claudia said...

Ana, my sweet friend, this turned out beautiful!
Happy november to you,
Love, hugs and blessings,
♥ Claudia ♥

Alessandra said...

Wowwww! It turned out wonderful! It gives a romantic atmosphere...i love it very much!
Hugs
Alessandra

Teresa said...

Too lovely and so you.
Well done. I admire your courage with testing and achieving the look you're after.
Love it. And you,
Teresa

handmade by amalia said...

This is lovely, Ana, one-of-a-kind and creative. Like!
Amalia
xo

Red Rose Alley said...

That white rose lamp is gorgeous. :) I have always loved crystals. You did a great job on this.

~Sheri