Monday, December 21, 2015

Most Treasured Ornament 2015



Hi Everyone!

If you've been following me for a while you might know that every year I make an ornament for our Christmas tree. One that holds some of the most important and special events of that year. It's sort of a mini time capsule.
On one side it's all about our daughter and her accomplishments as a college student. She is working so hard to make it into grad school. Her favorite quote is "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the Stars."
On this side is the cover of the beautiful magazine Artful Blogging. This issue is special in particular because my petite blog was featured in it.
Next is some movie tickets stubs from the premiere of Star Wars, The Force Awakens. This is for my Hubby who is the biggest Star Wars fan I know. Believe me this was a big deal and special moment for him :-)
And although this wasn't a special moment or happy memory I wanted to memorialize our little fur baby Cookie by adding her id tags to this year's ornament.
So there you have it...My Most Treasured Ornament 2015.

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas week.



Hugs and Kisses.




11 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Ana, I think this is such a wonderful tradition! I wish I had thought to do something like it during the years our daughters were growing up. How you must enjoy unpacking your Christmas memory ornaments each year! Thank you for sharing your special treasure!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Ana,
I have always loved your time capsule ornaments. What a wonderful tradition it is.
This years are just beautiful..
Thank you so much for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment.
blessings,
Penny

Yvette Johnson said...

This is such a wonderful idea that will be treasured for years to come! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

Claudia said...

Dear Ana, my sweet friend, what a lovely Ornament!
Wishing you a wonderful day,
will write agaion before Christmas day, I am just back and a bit behind with reading and writing ;O)
Lots of Love and hugs to you,
Claudia xo

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Ana,
What a great idea for making the ornament full of memories.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
Hugs, Julie xo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

What a GREAT idea....and that is awesome that you were in Artful Blogging dearest Ana! These are truly the gifts of our lives, those moments that we wish we could hold forever; you have figured out a way to hold the symbol of these moments for such a special time of reflection in the light. BLESS YOU!

Alessandra said...

I love your tradition, dear Ana. Your mini capsule is adorable in every detail. Very nice the idea of making a decor full of memories. Buon Natale!!!
HUgs
Alessandra

Lady Pamela said...

Merry Christmas to you, Ana.
*Smiles*

20 North Ora said...

What a wonderful tradition! Such special ornaments. Merry Christmas.

Judy

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Such a beautiful tradition. Merry Christmas Ana, and to your family. xoxo Su

Gaby Bee said...

I think this is such a wonderful tradition, Ana! Your ornaments are enchanting!
Merry Christmas to you and yours; may the New Year keep you safe, healthy, and creating more art so I can continually be inspired.

Gaby xo